The DAL 358 permits optimal configuration of the ventilation system to meet the ventilation requirements of a room.
The eccentric rollers allow for a variety of airstream configurations, even after the unit has been installed.
The DAL 358’s technology provides high speed air discharge with low acoustic power.
The helical airstream, the stability and the high induction generated from the very outset of the outlet vent make the DAL 358 the diffuser of choice for high air flow rates and variable air volumes. The DAL 358 swirl diffuser is made of steel. The receptacle and the eccentric rollers are integrated to the front plate (square or round). Each diffuser is supplied with a stabilising chamber, allowing for a uniform and silent airflow.
The efficiency of air diffusion (Ez) of the high induction DAL 358 diffuser equal or greater 1.1
Within applicable fields of DAL 358, this factor may formally be regarded for the purposes of calculating the amount of fresh air for a vessel making use of heating through the ceiling more than 15˚F (8˚C) that the room temperature and returns on the ceiling. The standard 129 is allowed the use of Table 6.2 rating: 5 of ANSI / ASHRAE 62.1 .
> Original NRC report
• Rapid reduction of flow speed and temperature variations caused by high induction
• Low acoustic power for high airflow rates
• Stable helical airflow and a variety of air streams available in 1,2 or 3 directions
• Eccentric rollers allowing for 180° airflow adjustment
• Possibility of adjusting airflows, even after installation
• Possibility of reducing total airflow rate as much as 25% in VAV
• Approximately 3 times more induction than a conventional 4-way diffuser
• Approximately 3 times less temperature variation in occupied area than a traditionnal diffuser.
• Possibility of eliminating external heating sources due to the diffuser‘s heating abilities.
• Fewer diffusers required
• Allows for a reduction in the total number of units required to circulate a fixed volume of air.
• Adaptable to systems requiring constant or variable airflows
Areas of application
• Offices with partitioned workspaces
• Clean rooms
• Call centres
• Closed offices
• Computer (server) rooms
• Multi-purpose rooms
• Systems with constant or variable airflow rates
• Entrance halls (vertical air streams)
Please consult the "How NAD" guide before making your choice of diffuser.
You can download this guide and the product catalog from the "Download" section on this page.
Installation and maintenance guide
Autocad dynamic bloc 30 fpm-4 ft
The DAL 358 swirl diffuser
can contribute to achieving
the requirements of LEED certification.
DAL 358 diffuser Achievements
© 2020, NAD Klima - DAL 358® and NAD Klima® are registered trademarks in Canada and U.S.A. used under license by Equipement NAD inc.
The design of the eccentric drum is registered in Canada (181973) and in U.S.A. (U.S.D.P. No D890, 325)